Challenge for the month:
>> 10 minutes EVERYDAY with God.
>> Share with 2 people what you believe and why you believe it.
Read on for more detail on this and what we covered.
- Everything Revolves Around the Gospel – As a continuation from last time, we discussed how everything revolves around Jesus’ life, death and resurrection [we call this “the Gospel” – the message that God sent his Son to take our place in paying the penalty for our sins and restoring us to new life through his resurrection].
- What Separates us from God – We often think it’s the endless things that we do wrong. But what separates us from God is that we replace him in our lives with either ourselves or “things”. This can be analogized with a husband who gives the love that belongs to his wife to another woman or even his career. Or a son who rebuffs the authority and embrace of his father and goes his own way.
- Who/What is Your Functional Savior? – If we’ve pushed God from his rightful place in our lives and replaced him with something else… what is it? One question that may help us discern, “What is the one thing that if you lost it, you’d find little hope to live?” That my be the thing.
NURTURING SPIRITUAL HUNGER – FEEDING OURSELVES
- AW Tozer – Your faith is never really real unless you encounter God alone.
- Spiritual Disciplines – It is often a battle of the wills… to sit and wait on God… instead of God waiting on you.
- Learn to Savor God’s Voice, Listening for Him, Enjoying Him – The goal is not just to have the Bible read or have spent enough time in prayer. It’s time spent with Father, with the one who loves you unconditionally.
- When you hear something, when God asks you to do something… DO IT.
- Nurturing Our Souls is Much Like FARMING – You plant the seed, water it, get up early the next day and do the same thing. You may not get much yield in the beginning. But as you faithfully plant and water and trim, you will yield a harvest.
- Simple Questions as You Read the Bible:
>> What does this teach me about God/Jesus?
>> What does this teach me about People/Myself?
>> What am I supposed to do?
- 10 Minutes EVERYDAY
Spend at least 10 minutes everyday with God… this would include reading through Scripture. This would also include days where you are stopping what you’re doing to be in silence, listening, conversing, interacting with God. 10 minutes every day. Begins now.
- Share What You Believe and Why You Believe It with 2
Great sharing this past Sunday… keep it on, we’ll ask again next time.
Questions/comments? Throw them out in the comments… thanks folks.