In response to our Generosity Challenge, one of our house communities prayed and asked God what to do. And He began showing Mayra images of kids in the neighborhood that she used to live in. And how many of these kids have few positive influences and basically nothing to do the entire summer.
So the group began doing free bi-weekly BBQ’s in June – food, crafts and games for the kids and just hanging out with whomever wants to come out. It has been an incredible experience and we’re looking forward to how God will continue to lead us. A few highlights:
- Indian, Asian, Latino kids all playing cricket together.
- Meeting an African refugee family in the neighborhood.
- Praying for people who need prayer.
- Magic shows for the kids.
- Over 200 hotdogs BBQ’d.
- Hearing about the struggles of the neighborhood.
- Listening to people’s stories and meeting people from over 8 different countries.
We’ve been doing every other Thursday and will be transitioning to weekends. We’ll be going again this Thursday [8/5], but contact us at email@example.com for what day we’ll transition to. Come on out and share a dog, play some cricket and just be Jesus to a neighborhood.
August 5th – THURSDAY – 6:00-8:30p [come anytime]
Meeting in front of 2299 Pasetta Drive, Santa Clara